Intimacy problems widely occur behind a variety of closed doors. Conflicts may include a loss of harmony, a lack of intimate desire between either partners or failure in communication. There are often substance abuse or psychological factors that may contribute to an intimacy disorder. Intimacy issues are common, but if one or more become severe and there is no resolution in sight, it may be time to seek Counseling for guidance.
What Makes a Satisfactory Relationship?
• Mutual Respect
Some of the signs that intimacy problems are affecting a relationship include:
• Disappointment in oneself or the relationship
• Half Truths, lying, deceitfulness, financial challenges
• One or both partners are feeling dissatisfied
• Couples lack communication and disconnect from one another
• One or both partners feel neglected or unwanted
Steps to take for treating intimacy issues begin with:
• Couples Counseling Techniques: this "Imago" technique allows couples to express themselves in a safe environment with a trusted and supportive professional.
• Relationship Counseling: healthy relationships require strong connections and time to build trust. Whatever the issue may be, a counselor can work with individuals together or separate to overcome the problem.